This is an old receive that families made long ago. Kids would have to walk a long way to school, and these cookies/biscuits were great for those hunger pains.
What You Need
500 ml oatmeal 2 cups
250 ml brown sugar; firmly packed 1 cup
5 ml baking powder 1 tsp.
125 ml melted butter 1/2 cup
2 ml vanilla 1/2 tsp.
Your Tools or Utensils
Mixing bowl wooden spoon sharp knife (be careful)
measuring cups and spoons. 8 inch or 2 x 20 cm square pans. spatula.
Getting it in the Oven
- Ahead of time, heat the oven to 140 C or 375F.
- Put oatmeal, sugar and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Mix well again.
- Spread the batter about 1/2 inch thick ( 1 cm) into the 2 ungreased square pans.
- Set a timer for 8 to 10 minutes.
6.Use oven mitts to take the pans out of the oven.
7. Let them stand for 5 minutes without touching them.
8. Cut into squares and loosen the edges with a knife. Be careful
9. Only remove the squares when they are completely cool.
10. Make sure you clean up after yourself. Enjoy.