BANANA QUICK BREAD
Quick breads are quick to make because they don’t use yeast that helps them to rise during baking. Instead, use baking soda or bakding power.
You Will Need:
125 ml or ½ cup butter or margarine
250 ml or 1 cup sugar
3 ripe bananas
500 ml or 2 cups all –purpose flour
5 ml or 1 tsp. baking soda
5 ml or 1 tsp. cinnamon
2 ml or ½ tsp. salt.
Utensils that You Need
loaf pan measuring cup and spoons
fork skewer or tooth pick
2 wooden spoons small plate
- Heat the over to 160C (325F).
- Grease the loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine (mix together) the butter and sugar. Cream together with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix well.5
- Break the bananas into pieces and place on a small plate. Mash with a fork.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sal.t
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir well.
- Spoon the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the centre can come out clean.
- Using oven mitts, remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack.
- Let cool for 10 minutes – then turn the cooled loaf out onto the rack.
Good luck. Be careful. Enjoy and share.