On January 26th, about 18 million Australians celebrate Australia Day.
Here is a quiz for you. Scroll down for the answers.
1. What do Koalas like to eat?
a) flowers b) Eucalyptus leaves c) Grass
2.Why did most British and Irish people go to Australia in the 18th and 19th centuries?
a) they came as prisoners b) they wanted warm weather
c) they travelled the wrong way d) they came to see kangaroos
3. What is the traditional Aboriginal musical instrument called?
a) didgeridoo b) steel drum c) guitar d) organ
4. What is the capital of Australia.
a) Sydney b) Canberra
5. Kangaroos carry their babies in a pouch (pocket). Which other Australian animal does that?
a) koala b) sheep c) crocodile d) cow
6. What is the wild Australian dog called?
a) dingo b) dingbat c) fox d) dogo
7. Which Australian City would you find the opera house?
a) London b) Sydney c) Perth
8. What is the name for the large Australian bird that cannot fly?
a) Aussie goose b) Ostrich c) Emu
9. During which season do Australians celebrate Christmas?
a) Winter b ) Spring c) Summer d) Autumn/Fall
10. Aborigines used this tool for hunting?
a) boomerang b) gun c) bow and arrow
Scroll down for answers.
1 b. 2. a 3. a 4. b. 5. a. 6.a. 7b. 8. c 9. a 10. a