Easy to Make: Zucchini Fries.
Zucchini fries are delicious. They are quick to make, and unlike greasy French fries, Zucchini fries have just a little olive oil sprinkled over them.
Let’s Get Going:
Simply cut your zucchini into quarters lengthwise, sprinkle on that Parmesan goodness and throw into the oven to let it get nice and crisp.
Here are the simple ingredients. Most of them will be found in your kitchen.
—zucchini, quartered lengthwise
—1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
—1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
—1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
—1/2 teaspoon dried basil
—1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
— sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper,
—2 tablespoons olive oil
—2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Make sure that you are allowed to operate the oven or ask an adult to help.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
Small Bowl Needed
4. In a small bowl,MIX Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Don’t put in too much salt or pepper.
You can always add these later when everything is cooked.
5. Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle (add very little) olive oil— and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
Into the Oven
6. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Turn on the switch that says “broil.” The oven is hot, so check with an adult when doing this action.
Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Bon Appétit which is French for……enjoy your meal.