Breakfast, there are two words here – break and fast. We break the fast (not eating) from the time we went to bed until the time we wake up. Our body is like a car, we run out of gas/petrol and need to fuel up.
Think of it this way, one of your parents or guardians does not put gasoline/petrol into the car before going to work in the morning. The car needs energy to work and this is the same with the human body.
When I was a kid, I couldn’t eat any food until an hour or so after I got out of bed. I would make a peanut and banana sandwich. I ate this upon arriving at school. As soon as I ate, I could feel the energy coming into my mind.
Here is an idea for an easy to make breakfast.
- 1 egg
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 English muffin
- pat butter
- slice of cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp butter for muffin
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place an egg ring or round cookie cutter (about 3 1/4 in. in diameter) in pan and place 1/2 tsp butter inside ring.
- Beat 1 egg in a bowl with a pinch each of salt and pepper until egg white and yolk are mixed together.
- Toast a split English muffin.
- When butter in pan is melted and sizzling, pour egg into ring (it will begin to bubble), turn heat down slightly and cook for 3 min or until egg is almost fully set (top will still be runny).
- Run the tip of a knife inside the metal ring to loosen, pull off and flip egg in pan. Cook for 30 sec. or until just set.
- Top with 1/2 oz thinly sliced cheddar cheese.
- Butter English muffin with 1 tsp of butter and place egg with cheese. Serve immediately or wrap in waxed paper to eat on the go.