How Tall Are These Animals Compared to Humans?

The tallest man in the world was Robert Pershing Wadlow born in 1928.  He died at the age of 22 years.  Robert reached 8 ft. 11 inches (2.72 m).  This is a picture of Robert with his father.

The Ostrich is Taller than even Robert

Ostrich stands at 9 feet

The Ostrich is the largest living bird, with a height of 2.7m (9 feet) and weighing in at 156 kg (344lbs). So, the ostrich is taller than the tallest human.

How Tall is a Grizzly Bear?

This time, the grizzly bear is smaller than Robert, the tallest human who ever lived.

It can be up to 8 feet tall when it stands on back feet. Although grizzly bears are large animals, 75% of their diet is comprised of berries, leaves and nuts. They also like to eat fish, rodents and moose. Animals that eat plants and animals are called “omnivores”.

Some Facts About Grizzlies

–Grizzlies have brown fur with white tops on shoulder and back.  They have a hump on their backs that is made from muscles.  This is a large animals weighing between 300-800 lbs.  Grizzlies standing up can reach  8 feet and when on all four paws, they still are 3-4 feet in height.

-What Do They Eat?

Up to 75% of a grizzlies diet consists of berries, leaves and nuts.  The other 25% of their diet consists of fish, rodents and moose meat.  Animals that eat plants and meat are called “omnivores.”


Prior to hibernation (a long sleep) many grizzlies eat up to 25 fish per day, often salmon.  This gives them fat that helps them to survive for between 5 and 8 months.  Breathing and heart rate will slow down and they survive from their fat.  Grizzly bears can wake up at any time.

Baby Cubs.

Females are often pregnant when they enter hibernation.  Later, she will give brith to two cubs a few months before hibernation ends. They will stay with their mother for between 2-4 years.

Cubs can climb trees when they are young, but when their claws become longer don’t have the same climb ability.  Grizzlies can live for 30 years in the wild.  They have great talents.  They are excellent swimmers and they can run up to 30 miles an hour.

Just be careful if you are in an area with grizzlies.